2.14.2008

nano-X

I'm going to go ahead and celebrate that my next and fourth wallpaper, "nano" has reached more than 500 views and 200 downloads on deviantART (thank you!). It's so far my most popular work, it seems, but hopefully I can improve. The concept is pretty simple, and mostly monotone again with a touch of green. The name actually refers to the chemical structure of a nano tube in the background but there's no deep meaning to it, really - nanotube, nanotech, nano... Just another cool technology to borrow its fame from. 1280x800 version can be downloaded here.

I actually made a N810 version (800x480 for the internet tablet) but apparently it turned out too dark for it. My computer apparently has ridiculously high contrast too, so I wonder how different these look across different hardware...

Oh and by the way, happy valentine's day. I wonder if Sony VAIO's calendar wallpaper of the month was pink because of that. I guess that's a safe bet. I might try out some calendar ones myself. It is useful to have a calendar around but I'm not sure how much people actually look at their desktops. There's also the issue of how much stuff there is on the desktop. So to try to get a better idea, please vote in the survey on the right hand side --->>>

Edit: oops, the VAIO wallpaper was actually pink for January, this month's is brown. You can download it for free at My Vaio.

No comments: