2.16.2008

Fullmetal Alchemist

Well instead of concentrating on midterm studying, I went on a little Fullmetal Alchemist run. Haven't been too into anime lately, but this piece is awesome. Watched the movie "Shanbara wo yuku mono" or whatever and was slightly confused because either the TV series is completely different from the manga or that it was just randomly set in the future. It was okay as a movie but I wasn't a fan of seeing some sort of future and it sucking - a little too much for me. I much prefer the original series.





In any case, I ended up drawing some characters off the opening scenes. The full version of the original is here at deviantART again - you get the pattern. I did it as a little gift to someone I know who likes it, but I kind of like it myself...




But I also did end up spinning off some wallpapers, which I might use temporarily... Sorry Alphonse fans, I just liked how Ed turned out more. Also sorry the size isn't standard but it seems to work fine with my 1280x800 screen. Just keep the scaling the same. I think the second one works well with one row of desktop icons, just along the blue line. Maybe spread them across the top too... I feel like everytime Windows explorer crashes, the trash icon moves all the way to the top right corner anyway.

I wish I could do this sort of drawing with decent quality on the computer so it doesn't look so crappy upon scanning. I do like pencil, mechanical or not, as a medium though.

No comments: