2.12.2008

LEGOs anyone?

It came up on Gizmodo a little bit ago, but apparently LEGO has now been around for 50 years. It seems like there are some crazy looking ones from recent years that I've never seen. In fact, kids these days... how do they play those 3D games without getting sick? Maybe I just got too old, but in any case I'm glad to see that LEGO has become a classic across generations. I was mostly in the early space stuff to castle series generation with a little bit of technic towards my teenage years, but man, how much more I want to play with those than study for these stupid exams... Ok they're not stupid but definitely not as cool as finding the coolest movable face cover (or whatever it's called) on a generic helmet... if you know what you're talking about, you'll agree.

In the meanwhile, you can check out Brickset to immerse in nostalgia or to take a look at the newer weird LEGOs. Maybe they're more oriented towards pop culture.. with the Star Wars series, Indiana Jones, some ninja thing, etc. I think I'll consider designing something based on this nostalgic moment of mine that I'm sure people share, without getting too emo, if I can try.

No comments: