5.25.2008

Something about the vocal cords...


To add on to the collection of electronic goods that is no longer functional, I've taken apart my Victor (JVC) headphones [HP-S82F]. I got this a while back.. maybe 5 years or so.. to go with my Sharp MD player. It fit nicely with not too much long-term pain on the ears, and it has an extraneous feature - the rotating color wheel to match with your clothes... or something.

Anyway, since then I've switched to a Panasonic pair that has doubly retractable cords, but for some random reason I decided to take this one on a little trip up to SF. Too bad one of the sides didn't emit any sound. My friend tested it and confirmed that it was something inside, not just the connections. Since it wasn't likely that it would be fixed easily, I just took it apart.. just like this guy, and learned a little about speakers. Kind of like tympanic membrane and vocal cords? Ehem, it was fun while it lasted.

No comments: